6.05.2012

A Patio Complete...

Obsessed much? Nah, not me..

So the focus of my last several weekends has been the completion of our Parisian patio. Once I have an idea in my head, it's hard for me (read: impossible) to move past it. I can be obsessed with a project until it is what I deem complete, perfect, and fabulous. (The hubs would dearly love to medicate this quirk of mine, I'm sure).

When I finally completed the patio last weekend and told him it was finished, his immediate response was, "I doubt it." Smart man. As it turns out, the window frame that I repainted yellow and mentioned in this post is now lavender. The petite hanging urn (featured in that same post) has also found a new home.

Despite grumblings from the peanut gallery, I am quite pleased with the end result of my much maligned focus. We are now able to enjoy a delightful and intimate corner of our yard that was once a leaf-strewn, rock-embedded eyesore. Pieces from antique shops, market fairs, and Etsy have added to the bohemian flair that I had envisioned for the space.


The BIG picture :)

Before


The "secret" door that leads to an open field space behind the fence

Shutters and a trellis from The Barn create the illusion of another garden gate at the end of the path...
Old iron scrolls were found on this Etsy shop


 The small hanging urn finds a new home on the secret door



The formerly yellow (formerly black) window frame aquires a much more French je ne sais quoi in pale lavender. Copper flower boxes with cascading blooms remind me of those divine Euro gardens...




The chairs that inspired it all...


Sharing with Funky Junk Interiors



For my next project: rose garden revision!


Now for some wine....


4 comments:

  1. Oh! I adore your patio! I too can't focus on anything else once I get an idea! Makes it problematic when we have more than one project on the go at once! Ha!
    Beautiful space - enjoy it!
    xo,
    Shannon - aka design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And, as we know, there is always another project ;)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful area you have created! I love everything you have done. I am a new follower. Come over for a visit!

    ReplyDelete