6.02.2013

There's a bloom in the bucket...

What can you do with an hour, some flowers and two coal scuttles?

Why, something like this!


 
 
This weekend found me at my annual exodus to the Paris Street Market. My gal pal and I descended on the tented wares at the much coffee-inducing hour of 7am in order to score the best goodies ahead of the horde. She was on the hunt for some rusty garden sculptures and I had my eyes peeled for an antiqued mirrored tray to complete the bath vanity area.
  
Although such a tray eluded my grasp, I stumbled upon these anachronistic beauties at two different vendor booths..
 
  
I've had this idea in mind for a while - to use coal scuttles as quirky planters to flank the front door. It seemed that I was to be back in the garden this weekend. Oh darn.
 
With a quick trip to grab some potting soil and bloomin' blossoms, I was ready to go a-plantin'. I just filled the scuttles with soil, transferred violets, petunias, pansies, and bacopa between them and, wallah!
 
 
 


 
 
 

Even our pooch, Ginger, joined the fun..

 



 
 
 
 
 
And since it has been a weekend of planting blooms, here are some of the garden's other debutantes..
 
Always love the combination of purple and orange in the blue window box


Blue Jazz Petunias



A newcomer this year, Black-eyed Susan Vine


So, if you have a just little bit of time, coal scuttles (or any other fun planter), then go put a bloom in a bucket!

Have Fun!

Tori

Sharing with FuNKY JuNK InTeRiors 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment