4.01.2012

Welcome!

Welcome and thanks for checking out my blog!

The idea of starting a blog had been rattling around in my head (trust me, lots of space in there for rattling) for only a short time. I pondered on the concept of weaving my three primary hobbies together in one spot - gardening, refurbishing and, of course, shoe shopping. While still contemplating this unlikely trinity, I had a close friend mention that I should start a blog, as she had, on gardening. Funny how the universe talks to us, eh? Taking her cue, I began...

After several hours of painful navigation through the new realm of blogdom (and numerous bouts of high octave epithets) later, I have managed to birth my first post. For you blogger pros out there, please forgive my novice results.

For now, I would like to share a few of the "projects" that have kept me occupied (and my husband in perpetual angst regarding the likehood of having a retirement fund of more than $10).

Found this metal stool at a local antique store and, while charming in cottage white, felt it was not as "Pottery Barnesque" as I wanted for our family room...



The end result of a rather experimental approach to sunflowers...kudos to the hubby for his success (as well as the photo credit)...

Out of the blue, the hubs says, "Let's go see Wicked!" So, of course, a wicked pair of heels is a must need for such an event...

Joan & David Guzman Pumps

 I'll wrap up this post with a thank you (again) for taking an interest. I will be adding to the blog so please do visit often for more details on my adventures with hammers, hoes and heels! :) 

Please check out my Etsy shop, Refined Refaire, for some of my antiquing or rejuvenated finds for sale.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is darling! I found you through the Etsy Farm Treasures Team and I am now your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for subscribing and the lovely feedback! Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  2. The shoes are perfect for Wicked! :) Loving the blog, Tori. Keep the posts coming!

    *Thanx for the advertising! Let me know once you start charging ;) I'll get you some shoes :}

    ReplyDelete